1855-2005 Advancing Knowledge Transforming Lives
MSU Faculty Folk Club: Martha Schwab, Mary Olson, Sue Berger,
Joan Gilliland, Jean Graham, Dawn Bryde, Carol Le Mense, Bea Hughes,
Karen Harsh, Mary Ann Dunn, and Jean Lewis.
East Lansing, Ingham County, Michigan
58” x 58”
Photo by Pearl Yee Wong, all rights reserved Michigan
State University Museum
This quilt was made by the MSU Faculty Folk Cub's Quilting Group
to celebrate MSU's Sesquicentennial in 2005. The quilt was donated
to the Office of the President, and then transferred to the MSU
Museum. The images acknowledge the accomplishments of women and
women's activites at MSU.
There are 16 photo transfered pictorial blocks depicting scenes
and people from MSU history. The photos include (left to right,
top to bottom): Old College Hall, Farm Lane Bridge, Mary Merrill
(second woman graduate, first college librarian), Linda Landon (college
librarian), cooking class, Myrtle Craig Mowbry (first black graduate),
sewing class, women's athletics - fencing, WWII Victory gardening,
MSC joins the Big Ten, Nancy Anne Fleming (Miss Michigan/Miss America
1961), women in science, three MSU Rhodes Scholars, Dr. Beatrice
Paolucci, MSU President Lou Anna K. Simon, and Beaumont Tower.