Assistant Curator and Education Specialist
Mary Worrall's principal research focus is on quilts and quiltmakers. Worrall's other research interests include American Art, women's studies, and material culture. Worrall is the project manager for the Quilt Index, a digital library of quilts and quilt-related resources and is co-curator and project manager for Quilt Treasures, a documentation project of prominent figures in twentieth-century quilt history.
- ”Quilted Together: How a Digital Repository of Thematic Collections is Enhancing Material Culture Pedagogy” (with M. MacDowell, J. Richardson, A. Sikarskie, and S. Cohen), Winterthur Portfolio, 2010.
- “The Quilt Index Goes 2.0: A Fiberspace Case Study” (with M. MacDowell, J. Richardson, D. Rehberger, and A. Sikarskie) In Museums and the Web 2009, 2009.
- “The Quilt Index: Communicating Stories in the Stitches.” (with M. MacDowell and J. Richardson), Proceedings of the Textile Society of America Biennial Symposium, 2008.
- "Mary Schafer: A Legacy of Quilt History." Australian Patchwork and Quilting 15, no. 4 (2007): 106-109.
- "The K.K.K. Fundraising Quilt of Chicora, Michigan" (with Marsha MacDowell and Charlotte Quinney). Uncoverings 27 (2006): 91-122.
- "Catalogue" (with Marsha MacDowell, and Beth Donaldson), pp. 25-117. In American Quilts from Michigan State University Museum, ed. Marsha MacDowell. Tokyo, Japan: Kokusai Art, 2003.
- "Family Quilt Collections" (with Lynne Swanson), pp. 21-26, "Collections By Collectors" (with Lynne Swanson), pp. 27-38, and "Projects" (with Beth Donaldson), pp. 39-90. In Great Lakes, Great Quilts, ed. Marsha MacDowell. Lafayette, California: C&T Publishing, 2001.
- ”Unpacking Collections: The Legacy of Cuesta Benberry An African American Quilt Scholar” (2009, co-curator with M.MacDowell)
- ”Threads of Change: The Transformation of West African Textiles” (2009, co-project manager with L.Swanson)
- "Redwork: A Textile Tradition in America," curator, 2007
- “Quilts and Human Rights” (2008, with co-curator with M.MacDowell and L.Swanson)
- "Quilts Old and New: Reproductions from the Great Lakes Quilt Center," curator, 2003
- "Mary Schafer: A Legacy of Quilt History," curator, 2001