'Great Folks' blog launched! A NEW RESOURCE FOR GLFF AND MICH. TRADITIONAL ARTS PROGRAM
Michigan State University Museum has launched GREAT FOLKS! - a new blog dedicated to expanding the community of tradition bearers and those who want to learn more about the music, stories, dance, foodways, art, and cultural heritage of Michigan and beyond. A team of bloggers is committed to sharing news and information about:
* Great Lakes Folk Festival
* Quilt Index
* Michigan Barn and Farmstead Survey
* Michigan Stained Glass Census
* Michigan Quilt Project
* Michigan Heritage Awards
* Michigan Traditional Arts Apprenticeship Program
* Michigan traditional artists
* other traditional arts activities and resources of the MSU Museum and other organizations around the state
* and occasional reports on the work of our colleagues at the Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage, the American Folklore Society, the American Folklife Center, and public sector folklore programs across the U.S..
The blog is sponsored by the Michigan State University Museum's Michigan Traditional Arts Program, a partnership with the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs.
Go to the Great Folks and then sign up to follow by email and/or to post comments.