MSU Science Gallery Mediators
MSU’s Science Gallery is currently seeking mediators for our fall exhibition 1.5° Celsius, which examines the scope of human impact on our planet and imagines new ways of addressing social and environmental issues. Mediators play a critical role in our visitor experience for our exhibitions, and it is an excellent opportunity for those who are looking to develop their facilitation and communication skills and learn more about audience engagement. Mediators are responsible for engaging visitors in conversations around the content of the exhibition and are passionate about discussing science, art, technology and design. In addition to their role in the gallery, mediators contribute to producing content such as podcasts, blog posts, and social media takeovers.
This is a temporary, part-time position, and the time of employment is August 2022 until March 2023. Mediators are paid $15 per hour, and the deadline for applications is May 1, 2022 at 11:59 PM. Interested students can register for a virtual information session at 6 PM on Thursday, April 14 to learn more about the role, and further questions can be directed to our education and learning manager, Caroline White (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Handshake Posting #6275560
Direct Google Form Application Link
Virtual Information Session Registration (Thursday, April 14 at 6 PM): REGISTER HERE
Digital Marketing and Communications Internship
The MSU Museum is looking for students with an interest in developing marketing, communications, and social media content to promote programs and exhibits along with advancing the mission and vision of the Museum. The digital marketing and communications intern works with the MSU Museum Communications Coordinator to help tell the stories of the Museum and increase daily attendance at the Museum and special programs.
• Assist with social media updates and analytics (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter)
• Advance digital advertising
• Participate in the Museum rebranding process
• Contribute to the production of the annual report
• Other duties as assigned
• Attend events to take photos, conduct interviews, and gather information
• Work will be completed both at the Museum and remotely, approximately 10-20 hours per week, and may include evenings and weekends
• Current MSU student and in good academic status
• Strong interest or work experience in writing, communication, journalism, social media, and/or PR
• Excellent communication and writing skills a must
• Social media experience (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
• Basic photography skills
• Experience or interest in creating content for websites
• Must work well with a team, demonstrate attention to detail, and be deadline-oriented
This is part-time position, and the time of employment begins in May 2022. Interns are paid $15 per hour, and the deadline for applications is April 29, 2022 at 5:00 PM. Interested students can apply on Handshake. Questions can be sent to (email@example.com).
Handshake Posting #6278814