Virtual Learning & Activity Resources
Welcome! Explore great activities and ways to connect when you can't visit in person. Stay connected on the Museum's social media pages too. Educators and MSU students, please contact us for learning/instructional support and course planning.
Virtual Tours and Programs
MSU Museum Collections Resources
Cultural and Historical Collections
- Search Cultural Collections
- Food, Farming & Community
- John and Selma Appel Collection of Ethnic Images
The following programs were originally developed at the MSU Museum in partnership with university partners and institutional and community partners around the globe. As of 2019, these programs are headquartered at MSU’s Matrix: Center for Digital Humanities & Social Sciences and MSU Residential College in the Arts and Humanities in partnership with MSU University Outreach and Engagement. The physical quilt and traditional arts collections remain housed at the MSU Museum.
- Michigan Traditional Arts Program
- Michigan Stained Glass Census
- Michigan Barn and Farmstead Survey
- The Quilt Index: Digital images and stories of the quilts owned by the MSU Museum can be freely accessed and searched through The Quilt Index. It also contains numerous essays and lesson plans, including some created by arts education students at Michigan State University.
Natural Science Collections
MSU Museum collections are included in these repositories:
- AVoCet (Avian Vocalizations Center)
- FishNet2 (Fish Specimen Database Network)
- GBIF (Global Biodiversity Information Facility)
- IDigBio (Integrated Digitized Biocollections)
- VertNet (Vertebrate Collections Database Network)