Register to Visit
Admission is free, but registration is required. Register in person at the Museum's Welcome Center (on the ground floor) or before you go by clicking below! You do not have to arrive at your exact time, and you are welcome to stay during the open hours of the Museum, regardless of ticket time.
Reflecting recent changes in MSU policy, museum visitors will no longer be required to wear masks or provide proof of vaccination or a recent negative COVID-19 test to visit the MSU Museum. Beginning with the summer semester on May 16, MSU is lifting its face covering directive, and masks no longer will be required during classes and in academic and research labs. There still may be unique situations where masks may be required, such as in campus health care facilities or due to state/federal regulations or contract requirements.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com or call the Welcome Center at 517-355-2371.
When You Arrive
- Check in at the Welcome Center on the ground floor.
- Face masks are not required except for in the MSU Museum auditorium instructional space.
- Physical distancing is required and will be enforced. Groups of people from the same household may remain together, and children must stay with adults at all times.
- No food or drink is permitted, except in designated areas.
- Hand sanitizers are located throughout the museum. We encourage all guests to sanitize before entering and departing the exhibition.
- Visitors showing signs of illness at any time will be asked to return at a later date.
- There is no coat check. Please refrain from bringing large bags and bulky items into the galleries.
Assumption of Risk
We have taken enhanced safety measures for our visitors and staff. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting. The novel coronavirus, which causes the disease COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic. The COVID-19 virus is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. According to the Centers for Disease and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting the MSU Museum, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Let's do our part to keep our community healthy and safe.
Admission is free
Tuesday - Saturday 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- The MSU Museum will be closed Friday December 23 - Monday, January 2, 2023 due to winter break.
The Michigan State University Museum is located on West Circle Drive, immediately east of Beaumont Tower and just north of the Main Library. Capital Area Transportation Authority (CATA) buses stop within short walking distance of the museum.
409 W. Circle Drive
East Lansing, MI 48824
There is limited metered parking in front of the MSU Museum. In addition, on the weekends there is limited free parking available in designated faculty/staff parking spots -- see marked signs.
Additional visitor parking: Grand River Avenue Parking Ramp No. 6
The ramp, located at the corner of Grand River Ave. and Charles St., is located just one block from the MSU Museum and is convenient to downtown East Lansing shops, galleries and restaurants. It has more than 150 metered spaces on the basement floor and first level for campus visitors. The ramp is accessible from both on-campus via East Circle Drive and off-campus, from Grand River Avenue.
Three floors of exhibits are waiting for you to explore! Download an MSU Museum Map.
Museum accessibility information is available here. If you require any special assistance, please call the MSU Museum at (517) 355-2370 two weeks before your visit.